- Bible believing - believe that the whole Bible is the Word of God
- Evangelical - accepts the authority of the Bible and believes the eternal truths of the Christian gospel.
- Evangelistic - the primary concern of ENFI is propagation of the gospel. Seeks to present the good news to every nurse in the country at least once.
- Spiritually centered - it is the fellowship of new life in Christ Jesus. Insists that man’s greatest need is spiritual i.e. to be restored to fellowship with the Creator though confession of sin and faith in Jesus Christ. Believe that spiritual health is the first step towards physical, mental and social health.
- Functionally - committed to the principle of nurse initiative and nurse leadership .Seeks to encourage and develop Christian leadership
- Financially - looks to God in faith and prayers for the supply of all its needs. ENFI Trust is financed by free – will donations from nurses who wish to contribute towards meeting its aims. No public appeals are made for funds.